Pain Management with Acupuncture
One great advantage of Acupuncture treatment is that the rates of side effects are substantially lower than that of many drugs or other accepted Western medical procedures used for the same conditions.
Patient Testimonial: printed with permission
"I had been seeing several different acupuncturists in the past for my long-term chronic depression of over 10 years. When Chiaki started to treating me with her different treatment style my head started to clear up dramatically within a couple of sessions. She also performed many moxibustions on my feet to treat my depression/anxiety which worked really nicely and I felt very calm and relaxed afterwards. I have been greateful since I met Chiaki!"
- Jim, Jamaica Plain
Conditions Treated by Acupuncture
The World Health Organization and National Institute of Health recognize acupuncture and traditional Asian medicine’s ability to treat over 43 commonly encountered clinical disorders. Among these are:
* low back pain * neck pain * sciatica
* tennis elbow * knee pain * periarthritis
of the shoulder * sprains * facial pain
(including craniomandibular disorders) * headache* dental pain
* tempromandibular (TMJ) dysfunction * rheumatoid arthritis
* induction of labor * correction of malposition of fetus
(breech presentation) * morning sickness * nausea and vomiting
* postoperative pain * stroke * essential hypertension
* primary hypotension * renal colic * leucopenia
* adverse reactions to radiation or chemotherapy
* allergic rhinitis, including hay fever * biliary colic * depression
(including depressive neurosis and depression following stroke)
* acute bacillary dysentery * primary dysmenorrhea
* acute epigastralgia * peptic ulcer
* acute and chronic gastritis
... and much more!